BLOOM & WILD
In a nutshell
- Founded in 2013 by Aron Gelbard and Ben Stanway Bloom and Wild has redefined the traditional flower delivery experience and is quickly becoming the UK’s leading alternative to established online flower companies
- Stated to have grown at + 35% per month over recent years (source: privateequitywire.co.uk) and has secured further £3.5m V.C investment earlier this year.
- Identify a fundamental flaw in a current industry model, something that, if disrupted, will improve and add value in customers’ lives.
- Understand consumer behaviour in your category and deliver a superior customer experience at every level of the supply chain.
- Bloom and Wild identified a key limitation of the traditional online flower delivery service, the assumption that someone has to be at home to receive the flowers. They turned that on it’s head by developing through the letterbox packaging, a pioneering approach delivered with excellence throughout the customer journey/ supply chain“
What it means in practice
- Pioneering breathable hi tech packaging allows fresh flowers to be flat packed in bud and delivered through a standard letterbox thereby ensuring they bloom for 7 days or more.
- Mobile first ethos with innovative technology behind the website and app (mobile is 70% of their business). Simplicity was the key driver in designing the UX for the app with CEO Aron Gelbard stating that the aim was to ensure there were “ as few steps as possible to get through the main purchase flow”
- Flexible mix of one off orders and subscription packages along with widespread use of voucher codes to purchasers and recipients plays to the impulse nature of the category and ensures rapid acquisition and repeat sales.
- Look out for a new 2 hour delivery service in London and new corporate services.
- Mobile Marketing Magazine – 25/01/2017
- “Bloom and Wild secures GBP £3.75m” – privateequitywire.co.uk
- “Blooming good deal for florist Bloom and Wild” – telegraph.co.uk